The Time Test Challenge
Time is a never ending battle. Some days there is faaar too much. Others, we need to try and catch our breath between the gaps of time.
We’ve got quite a nifty 21-Day Challenge that was designed and implemented in June 2019. Here’s one of the components of the challenge that we’ve found to be most successful! (We don’t like keeping secrets.)
Here’s how it works:
- Decide how long it’s going to take you to complete task before you begin and write it down (anything from washing dishes or doing laundry to completing an assignment or sending an email… PS. write it down so you can’t lie to yourself at the end)
- Get a stopwatch (or use your phone) ready to take your time (whether it’s going to take minutes, hours or even several days… if it’s going to take days though you might want to consider pausing for meals, naps and other daily activities)
- Begin the task with this time in mind and complete it at an ordinary pace (NB! do not ty to ‘rush’ through it)
- Stop your timer and take your time once it is 100% completed (if it’s not 100% complete you risk impacting your motivation to get other stuff done)
- COMPARE your times – what’s the difference?
Okay, that’s it for now. Let us know in the comments below or post a pic of the comparison on one of your hundreds of social media pages (tag @actualiseyou on Facebook or Instagram or @actualise_ws on Twitter and #actualisettc – as in, Actualise time-test challenge) whether you were on-time, under-time or over-time.
PS. This will blow your mind.